Ecpyrosis: The Best of Starfire Volume One.
The articles included in Ecpyrosis are drawn from the original issues as follows:
From the first issue (1986):
- Great Dismal by Linda Falorio – a short story of the evocation of a creature from the chthonic depths of Great Dismal Swamp;
- Going Beyond by Michael Staley – an essay on non-duality;
- The Stélé of Revealing and the Abomination of Desolation by Stephen Dziklewicz – an essay considering the gematria and other aspects arising from these twin terms of The Book of the Law.
From the second issue (1987):
- Cults of Cthulhu by Peter Smith – an essay on H. P. Lovecraft and the Cthulhu Gnosis;
- The Hiss of the Serpent by Stephen Dziklewicz – considerations of the serpent and related imagery in The Book of the Law.
From the third issue (1989):
- A Statement on Lam – setting out some techniques to facilitate contact with Lam;
- The Heart of Thelema by Michael Staley – considerations of Thelema;
- Disciple of Dagon by Peter Smith – a study of Clark Ashton Smith;
- The Babalon Working consists of two parts: Belovèd of Babalon by Michael Staley – a study of Jack Parsons; and The Book of Babalon by Jack Parsons – his detailed account of the Babalon Workng which he performed with Marjorie Cameron and L. Ron Hubbard.
From the fourth issue (1992):
- Meditations on Liber AL by Lindsey Calvert – considerations of The Book of the
- Ciphers in Flesh by Mouse – on poetry as inspired text;
- The Vision and the Voice by Michael Staley – an introductory essay on Crowley's 1909
And finally, from the fifth issue (1994):
- Zos: The New Flesh of Desire by Gavin Semple – an examination of the sorcery of Austin Osman Spare;
- Lam: The Gateway by Michael Staley – an essay on Lam;
- Wisdom for the New Flesh by Andrew Chumbley – some considerations of a modern
- Supping at the Angel & Feathers by Michael Staley – an essay on the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel.
Return to Ecpyrosis main page