The Best of Starfire Volume One
The first issue of Starfire was published in 1986, and the fifth issue appeared in 1994.
These years encompass Volume One, the constituent issues of which have long been out of print and appear but rarely on the second-hand market. This selection of articles and artwork from these first five issues is newly typeset,
and the artwork has wherever possible been freshly scanned to give sharper and clearer reproduction. The cover reproduced here to the left incorporates beautiful artwork by Kyle Fite.
Ecpyrosis is available in both a softbound and a limited hardbound edition.
The contents include:
From the first issue (1986):
- Great Dismal by Linda Falorio – a short story of the evocation of a creature from the chthonic depths of Great Dismal Swamp;
- Going Beyond by Michael Staley – an essay on non-duality;
- The Stélé of Revealing and the Abomination of Desolation by Stephen Dziklewicz – an essay considering the gematria and other aspects arising from these twin terms of The Book of the Law.
From the second issue (1987):
- Cults of Cthulhu by Peter Smith – an essay on H. P. Lovecraft and the Cthulhu Gnosis;
- The Hiss of the Serpent by Stephen Dziklewicz – considerations of the serpent and related imagery in The Book of the Law.
From the third issue (1989):
- A Statement on Lam – setting out some techniques to facilitate contact with Lam;
- The Heart of Thelema by Michael Staley – considerations of Thelema;
- Disciple of Dagon by Peter Smith – a study of Clark Ashton Smith;
- The Babalon Working consists of two parts: Belovèd of Babalon by Michael Staley – a study of Jack Parsons; and The Book of Babalon by Jack Parsons – his detailed account of the Babalon Workng which he performed with Marjorie Cameron and L. Ron Hubbard.
From the fourth issue (1992):
- Meditations on Liber AL by Lindsey Calvert – considerations of The Book of the
- Ciphers in Flesh by Mouse – on poetry as inspired text;
- The Vision and the Voice by Michael Staley – an introductory essay on Crowley's 1909
And finally, from the fifth issue (1994):
- Zos: The New Flesh of Desire by Gavin Semple – an examination of the sorcery of Austin Osman Spare;
- Lam: The Gateway by Michael Staley – an essay on Lam;
- Wisdom for the New Flesh by Andrew Chumbley – some considerations of a modern
- Supping at the Angel & Feathers by Michael Staley – an essay on the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel.
Return to Ecpyrosis main page